Faywood, New Mexico
Hot Springs Magic Soap
I’m loving this Hot Springs Magic Soap!
What makes it magical?
Our time at Faywood Hot Springs, New Mexico allowed us to connect to earths magic through their healing Mineral Hot springs.
I wanted to share that magic with you, so I created a power house bar filled with a magical combination of ingredients.
This handcrafted soap bar is sure to please.
Visually it is beautiful to look at with its swirls of Alkanet Root and speckles of Parsley powder. These natural dyes were used not only for color, but also for their benefits.
Alkanet Root has wonderful skin and hair benefits. In India it is used for both natural dyes and home remedies. Popular in Indian dishes as it gives it a deep color and promotes holistic benefits. Alkanet Root promotes hair growth, reduces burn scars, is great for treating grey hair and for skin lightening. Alkanet Root is rich in antioxidants, it has anti ageing properties. Using antioxidant rich ingredients on our skin and hair is key to preventing free radical damage. For more information on alkanet root check out this ARTICLE.
I love using Parsley powder. It created this beautiful speckle that reflects the Hot Springs Mineral water and earthy natural feel of Faywood, Hot springs.
Parsley is one of those herbs that can be easy to overlooked. Yet, it truly is a superfood. If you have never heard of using parsley as more than just a garnish, I suggest you read this. This delicious green spice is definitely underappreciated, and it is high time for a change.
Parsley is rich in vitamins and nutrients that help cleanse and produce collagen which made it a great addition to this magical soap. Here’s a list of the benefits of Parsley for skin.
- Rich In Vitamin C, which helps the skin rejuvenate and heal faster. Vitamin C stimulates the production of collagen, which is the substance that keeps skin looking young and vital.
- Brings Balance & Restoration to Skin tones
- Helps produce Collagen
- Vitamin K helps Deep Cleanse pores
- Contains beta carotene
- Parsley helps balance your sebum production. Many skin problems occur due to an unbalanced sebum level. Sebum is the body’s natural oil, which is produced below the surface of the skin, and it is important to keep it in check. Keeping your sebum levels balanced will give your skin a healthy glow.
- Contains a nice amount of antioxidants, which can help reduce the amount of free radicals (substances which may cause skin damage) in your body.
I started off of course like I always do with an infused Olive Oil. This time I chose a blend of my Vermont Infusions.
Remember back when we were in Vermont Harvesting and making soap? Check out my Handcrafted Vermont Bars.
I didn’t stop there.
Then I added a therapeutic essential oil blend that is sure to please. It has a refreshing, slightly minty yet, earthy smell.
These Bars are Unique. One of Kind. Grab a bar and see what all the fuss is about.