SOMA (Fly Agaric) FAQ
A. muscaria mushrooms in different stages of growth.
|Common names||Fly agaric, Fly amanita|
|Active constituents||Muscimol, Ibotenic acid|
What Happens if you consume Amanita Muscaria?
The effects appear within half an hour or an hour and a half, the culmination occurs in three hours. While the effects of consuming the A. muscaria mushroom typically lasts between 6 and 8 hours, the duration and effects vary drastically.
Amanita muscaria is known for the unpredictability of its effects – the same dose can affect different people in very different ways.
Can Amanita Muscaria Kill You?
While A. muscaria mushrooms can technically kill you, it is highly unlikely. The North American Mycological Association stated there were “no reliably documented cases of death from toxins in these mushrooms in the past 100 years.”
Is Amanita Muscaria Legal?
In the United States, possessing, selling, cultivating, and consuming Amanita muscaria are legal except in the state of Louisiana where it is only legal to have as an ornamental.
Can you tell me more about commonly reported effects when using Amanita Muscaria?
These huge variances in duration and effects are caused by the differences in potency between individual mushrooms. This also makes determining an appropriate dose extremely difficult.
However, in general, effects include:
- Sedation – Many users report mild to extreme sedation and sleepiness while under the influence of amanitas. Which makes it great for anyone suffering Insomnia.
- Perception of bodily heaviness
- Stimulation – While most users report sedation and a lack of energy, some users also report a relatively intense stimulation.
- Physical euphoria
- Pain relief – Many users report a marked decrease in pain while under the influence. Studies using M. for patients with Lyme’s Disease have reported less pain to no pain.
- Muscle relaxation
- vivid dream state similar to lucid dreaming
- Strong and varied internal dialogue
- Muscle spasms
- Increased perspiration
- Clarity of thought
- Heightened internal focus
- Lack of external focus
- Difficulty socializing
- Increased or decreased levels of sexuality depending on the person
- Altered perception of the body
- Blurred vision
- Watery eyes
- Running nose
- Loss of balance
- Pupil dilation
- Nausea and discomfort of the stomach
- Muscle twitches and trembles
- At high doses, strong dissociation including delirium
Do you have any Pharmacological information on it?
I sure do!
Muscimol has also been shown to be a partial agonist at the GABAA-ρ receptor, which may contribute to its psychoactive effects.
Ibotenic acid has been shown to be a potent NMDA agonist as well as a powerful agonist at the group I and group II metabotropic glutamate receptors. Due to in vivo decarboxylation, ibotenic acid is metabolized to muscimol and thus has many similar pharmacological characteristics.
Are there any Safety Precautions ?
As with all mushrooms, misidentification of the mushroom poses a risk, although the unique appearance of the A. muscaria reduces this. Another risk involves the improper preparation of the mushroom leaving leftover toxins, most notably ibotenic acid. This risk is minimal, however, as we recall that the North American Mycological Association stated that there are “no reliably documented cases of death from toxins in these mushrooms in the past 100 years.” The other risk comes from the huge variances in potency found between individual mushrooms, particularly when picked during different seasons or in different geographic locations.
How was this mushroom used in Ancient Plant Path Medicine?
The fly agaric was used to treat the nervous system, problems with menopause, bladder/intestinal cramps, and overexcitability. It’s natural pain killing properties brings relief to Back Pain and menstrual cramps. It greatly decreases pain to muscle aches, joints, and achy bodies effective against arthritis. It helps depression an\d eliminates anxiety.
It is an Insomnia Remedy. Helps one fall asleep and allows for rest and lucid dreaming. then you wake up ready for life. With new found energy.
Amanita Muscaria has also been known to benefit.
- Boosting immune system
- increased clarity and well being
- natural pain killing properties
- Increased strength, endurance, and virility (microdosing)
- Effective against arthritis treatment
- Can help purge and detoxify the body
- Lowers inflammation
- Has been used to treat Alcohol and benzodiazepine withdrawals.
Is there a proper way to consume it?
Since our ornamentals are not for human consumption, and the FDA states that it is a poison, we can not advise you on any proper preparation methods. However, if you choose to consume this mushroom for your safety we suggest you watch Amanita Dreamer.
Why do we call it Soma?
Here is a great link supporting the theories of Gordon Wasson’s Soma: Divine Mushroom of
Attention! Use Amanita Muscaria responsibly as this fungus is classified as poisonous. Our product is not for eating and we are not responsible for any poisoning and damage to health if consumed.
Be Blessed Beyond Amazing Love.